Wednesday 21 December 2011

Recipe Twelve: Devilled Eggs


Devilled Eggs.
Absolutely retro.
Absolutely no idea how to make them.
From what Google tells me there are hundreds of variations on this recipe and I had to choose one.
I chose the most basic, able to be made out of what I had on hand version:

Devilled Eggs.
12 Eggs 
4 Tablespoons of Whole Egg Mayonnaise 
3-4 (to personal taste) Tablespoons of Dijon Mustard.
1 Tablespoon of chopped chives.
Paprika (to decorate)
Chives (to decorate)

1.Hard Boil your eggs. I start with enough cold water to cover the eggs by about an inch & use a Egg-Perfect (I'm not paid to link here but that is where you can get your own!) timer and my eggs are perfect every.single.time.

2. Peel The Eggs:



3. Chop the eggs in half & pop out the yolks.


4.Combine the hard boiled yolks, mayonnaise, mustard and chives in a bowl and mash together until smooth.

5. Fill a piping bag fitted with a plain round nozzle with the yolk mix and pipe this back into the empty egg whites.

6.Sprinkle the tops of your eggs with paprika and fresh chopped chives.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment