Saturday 24 December 2011

Recipe Thirteen: Peanut Butter Crackle.


This slice is how I get my brother to mow our lawns.
I was actually considering making him a gigantic slab of this for Christmas.
 The only problem with that is if I had to keep it in my house for any extended period of time it would be eaten. 
I don't mean a small square here and there.
I would seriously sit and eat until it's ALL gone.
Anyhow, enough about my extraordinarily lacking will power.


Peanut Butter Crackle
1/2 a cup if Caster Sugar
1/2 a cup of Golden Syrup
1/2 a cup of Smooth Peanut Butter
3 cups of Rice Bubbles
100gms of Dark Chocolate to decorate.

Line a slab pan (20cm x 30cm)  a 25cm diameter round pan.
Stir sugar and golden syrup in a small pan over low heat until sugar has dissolved.

Add peanut butter and stir until dissolved.
Put your rice bubbles in a large mixing bowl and pour in the peanut buttery syrup.


Mic until combined and press into your pan.


Melt your chocolate and put into a zip loc bag. Snip off one of the corners and pipe lines of chocolate all over the top! .................This is until you realise you forgot to pick up chocolate from the store and there is no way on God's green earth that you are going anywhere near the shopping mall that is open for 36hrs straight, 3 days before Christmas. I do love my run-on sentences.


Refrigerate for an hour, cut into squares wedges and serve.

xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment