Wednesday 28 December 2011

Recipe Fifteen: Mum's Salsa

This is my Mum:


I've noticed that so many times when I go to write out a recipe the title starts with
the word 'Mum's'.

I have to say that although I never noticed it growing up, my Mum makes some pretty
spectacular food. 

It's a shame my child/teenage year-old self never really appreciated it.

Think of all the wasted time not stealing her recipes!!!

I mean look at this:


I never thought to ask for this recipe!

(It's ok though she's going to make it again & guest post. Thanks Mum!)

I remember when I was about 8 and mum brought home a blank exercise book and told me she was going to write recipes in there for me to cook for the family. 

It rocked.

Anyhow time for another one of 'Mum's' recipes. 

A super easy but super popular:

 Sweet Chilli Salsa.


All of the following vegetables need to be diced:

2 Tomatoes
1 Cucumber
1 Avocado
1 Red Onion
+
1 regular sized tin of Sweet Corn
Sweet Chilli Sauce
250gm of Cream Cheese.

Combine all of your vegetables and add to them sweet chilli sauce to taste.

(Make sure you actually taste it or said author of he original recipe might pull you aside to gently ask whether you had in fact added it at all....)

Place your cream cheese in the middle of a plate and flatten slightly

Pour over vegetable and sweet chilli mix.

Serve with corn chips.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment