Thursday 12 January 2012

Resolutions & Recipe Twenty: Choc Chip Cookies

I was taking down our Christmas decorations yesterday  a week ago and I thought to myself what is life going to be like when I pull these out again? 

I read an amazing post "Pardon Me, Your Awesome is Showing" (go read it you will be inspired). 
I remembered the writing at that moment and thought: 
'Actually, how do I want life to be when I pull these out again?' 

I think about my Mum who took the leap of faith and made her creative passion her occupation. 
Who, even with 5 children (and adding another along the way) went back to University then moved the whole family and a cousin states to do her Masters. 
Now she blogs (go there too, also inspiring) and is currently writing her first book.
She took responsibility for making her life how she wanted.

My resolution for 2012 is to do the same.
(Make my own life amazing that is not have 6 children, become an Art Therapist and start writing a book)

Now I think I was writing a recipe.... 



I know it's two cookie posts in a row but I'm not feeling well & Miss MT (with her amazing aquamarine nail polish) said she would come over and bake some for the blog. 
How could I say no? 
I have such an awesome little sister.


150gms of Butter
120gms of Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Caster Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
1 egg + 1 yolk
2 1/2 cups of Flour
1/2 a teaspoon of Bicarbonate Soda
250gms of Choc Chips

Preheat your oven to 170C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
Melt your butter and set aside to cool for two minutes.
Put your sugars in your bowl and then pour over your melted butter.



Beat together.
Add egg, yolk and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
Add your flour in thirds, combining each time before adding more.
Fold in your chocolate chips.


Roll tablespoon sized amounts into balls and place about 3 inches apart on your baking tray.



Bake for 17-20 minutes or until cracked on top and very lightly brown.
Cool of racks and serve!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment