Tuesday 24 January 2012

Recipe Twenty Five: Chilli, Soy & Sesame Drumsticks.


It has been a super quiet week around the kitchen this week.


It has also been super hot & I'm just one of those people who turn into a 'tired four year old who is constantly on the verge of tantrum' when its hot.
It's not an admirable trait...I know I should work on it.


Anyhow our air conditioning doesn't quite make it to the kitchen so on days like these I am effectively preparing food in a sauna. 
Now I hear sauna's are supposed to be good for you HOWEVER this kind of sauna (any any kind of prolonged exposure to temperatures over 35) seem to be really bad for my marriage
(Love you Honey!)

So in normal Courtenay fashion I am apologising with food,
this recipe in fact:

Chilli, Soy & Sesame Sticky Chicken Drumsticks

1/4 cup of Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup of Tomato Sauce
1/3-1/2 Cup of Sweet Chilli Sauce 
(I added this to taste so I have to estimate the actual amount)
2kg of Chicken Drumsticks
1 Tablespoon of Sesame Seeds
1/4 cup of sliced spring onion (for garnish)


Arrange your chicken legs in an oven proof dish.
Whisk your three sauces together.
Taste & add any extra of the sauces to taste.
Pour over your drumsticks
Turn all of the drumsticks to coat them in the marinade.
Put the dish in the fridge to marinate for a couple of hours.

I only marinated them for half an hour and still got a very nice flavour.
 However I did complete one of the next possibly completely unnecessary pain-in-the-but step.

Preheat your oven to 200C
Put the chicken in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.

Because I only marinated my drumsticks for half an hour I basted the legs with marinade every 10-15 minutes. I think this may have help with the moist factor too...

Take the chicken out of the oven and decoratively sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Return to the oven for 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven again and let rest for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle with sliced spring onions and serve.

Optional step:
Ask for forgiveness for your crappy attitude the last week...turn up air-conditioning.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment