Thursday 1 March 2012

Leap Day Food Resolutions


I have been cooking, I promise.
It's just I have been doing something I should be avoiding. I've been being just a little lazy but that laziness means I'm not expanding my recipe knowledge or file.
I've been sucked in by recipe bases. I know they have their place eg. Monday night or when you're not writing a blog about expanding your recipe knowledge...
But I have been using them all week.
I look at the ingredients and I think: 'I just paid $2.50 for a few tablespoons of corn flour & spice mix.'



So this brings me to my first food resolution:

No.1 No more recipe bases, well not for a while.

No. 2
Stop neglecting the blog.

Number three comes about because I believe I am following number two. I don't want to post 4 sweet things in a row or a week of just cookies. However in my heart I am a baker and therefore:

No. 3
I will bake as much as I feel like.

The pictures on this post are of a stir fry I cooked last night. I don't really think stir fry counts as a recipe if you are using a jar sauce and what ever veggies are on their way out in the bottom of your crisper...



I'm hoping to have a beef stew and pear crumble recipe up in the next two days.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment